When deciding on what colors to use in your wedding there are many factors you will want to consider. If you are planning on having a visually pleasant wedding, which I am sure you are, you shouldn’t just pick colors at random. Put a little thought into it and you may be surprised by how beautiful the results are.
- Figure out what colors flatter you and your significant other the most. This is YOUR day and you are going to be the most beautiful person there, so you should obviously pick colors that look good on you and around you.
- Pick colors that look good with your venue. You don’t want to pick colors that are going to clash with your ceremony or reception site and be an eyesore later on in pictures.
- If it’s an outdoor wedding match the colors to the season with the types of flowers, plants and trees that are in bloom during that season.
- Consider your floral arrangements. To save money on flowers you’ll to want to choose ones that are in season of course. If you pick uncommon colors you may have a hard time finding the right flowers.
- Consider what will look good on your wedding party. While this is YOUR big day, you still want the people surrounding you in photos to look good! Be kind to your bridesmaids, they will thank you for it later.
- Use paint swatches to help you! Go to your local hardware store and snag as many variations of the colors you think you want. This will help you later on when you’re trying to find stores that carry your colors. It can also be helpful to your wedding party to give them the swatches of the colors you chose.
All in all, picking your colors should be fun and not stressful! If you are having a really hard time deciding, ask for help from your MOH. She should be more than willing to assist 😉